Friday, April 3, 2009

A New Take on Spirituality

With the current wellness challenge relating to spirituality, I am certain that many of us had widely varying thoughts about how to approach the task of nourishing that part of ourselves. For some people that focus could relate to formal religious observance while for others it could be exploration of a new paradigm of spirit. But whether structured or not, this portion of our wellness is often neglected when we get busy working, spending time with our family and friends, and the day to day tasks of life.

Within my own paradigm of spirituality, I have been trying to be grateful. It's amazing how easily I generate negative energy in my soul and how easily gratitude seems to remedy that condition. With gratitude comes the companions of awareness and respect, and when those emotions are present I am rarely able to complain with much force. I recall a renowned TV host strongly advocating a journal of gratitude and helping her viewers to get in the habit of seeing the bounty in their lives, so I have taken up that process as well and find that it brings me peace in times of stress.

Within the Young Living world, Gary Young has seen the benefits of gratitude and has formulated an essential oil blend to allow us to get in touch with that part of our being. Furthermore, many other spiritual pursuits can be enhanced with the oil blends in our product offering: Grounding, Forgiveness, Abundance, Acceptance, Clarity, Awaken, Believe, Harmony, Humility, Envision, Magnify Your Purpose, Live With Passion, Hope, Gathering, Peace and Calming, Motivation, Release, Present Time, Transformation, Valor and so many more. Gary is aware of the link between mind and body as well as the power ability of the oils to illicit a reaction that can aid us in our journey. We are so fortunate to have his expertise and the power of therapeutic-grade essential oils literally at our fingertips!

I hope that as employees of Young Living, we all have stories we could share relating to the oils. During yoga classes, I have diffused Bergamot and found it lifts spirits and while bringing a sense of calm. Oils such as Palo Santo and Frankincense have long spiritual histories as cleansing oils and meditative focal points. Cedarwood is another favorite of mine for the woodsy, clear scent it possesses and the way it clears my thoughts. You can bet than any successful distributor in the Young Living family will have a list of oils and experiences relating to those oils, so perhaps we should as well.

So based on your goal toward enhancing your spirit, I challenge you to obtain an oil/oil blend to aid in your efforts. Learn to utilize that oil as a companion in your journey toward a more powerful self. Allow yourself to be healed, fortified, and open to new growth as you move toward total wellness. There are many powerful experiences to be had in this neglected realm, so move beyond what you already do and know to something greater.

I look forward to comments and suggestions from anyone who cares to share in the comments section of the blog. Let's continue to foster a community of wellness where we can grow together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachelle,
This is great info. Some of my favorite spiritual oils include sandalwood, frankincense, Release, and Acceptance.
I agree that many can reconnect with their own spirituality in so many ways. I utilize organized religious practices, as well as yoga, giving and receiving energy/body work, meditation, and reading. They all compliment each other for me as my journey continues. YL products and practices have been a key for my own healing process as well as those in my healing circles.
Thank you for all the insight you offer us each month.
P